Friday, November 13, 2009

Tobias- by Damian

Yesterday, I went to my mother's car to take something. Then I went to look at the family hamster's house. (An aquarium) I saw Tobias lying down in his house. I made a sound. Usually he will awaken from his sleep. But he did not. I went to touch him.

Suddenly a small fly flew out of his house. I was wondering, why would a fly be in his house? Wouldn't Tobias catch the fly? That caught my attention. I look at Tobias and I saw he was lying stiff with ants crawling all over his body! Then I knew That Tobias had died.

I did not expect Tobias to die so soon. I shouted and cried. My mother rushed outside. I told her Tobias had died. Straight away she took a small broo dustpan. She scooped up Tobias. She told me to tell my siblings what have happen. I found everyone asleep except Stephanie. I told her the news and she started crying. We knew he would die but not that soon. These few months, he has grown weak. His eye was also swollen.

I brought Stephanie downstairs to see Tobias.While seeing Tobias, my mother was digging a hole in a potted plant. She put Tobias in and said a prayer for him. We cried and cried and cried. I could not stop until about 10 something. Although Tobias died, we still have Lucky, Tobias's son. Since I could not sleep, I wrote something for Tobias (while crying)


Your eyes twinkled,
When I first saw you.
Your sparkling eyes and soft grey fur,
All full of energy.
Your stunts really amused us.
hanging from the cage's bar.
Rolling in a ball you like.
Roaming our house near and far.
You were a friendly hamster.
And not so offen bite.
You had many children
All whom which you like.
Not until a few months ago,
Your eye began to swollen,
And thus you died of that,
I will miss you Tobias.

2 comments:

  1. Aiyo, you take care, ok? God will look after Toby from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about Tobias. He will rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete