Saturday, November 21, 2009

Arwen-by Damian

You may be wondering why I got two new hamsters, Pippin and Merry. It is because Arwen, my hamster from Carrefour, died. I got Arwen on last Saturday, 14 November. I only had her for 3 days. She had white fur and a red nose. She was soooooooooooooooooo cute. You might have read Stephanie's post on our new hamsters and Josie and Casterfur that died. Well, my mother already had suspected that Arwen might die. She was with the two other hamsters that died.

The day we found Josie dead, Arwen was not that active. Later, she got weaker and weaker. If you have read Stephanie's post, we got the three new hamsters already. On Monday, we found her sleeping next to the water dish. She looked so cute. After I came back from school, I took Arwen out of the cage.

She looked sick. How could this be? In the morning she looked healthy and now in the afternoon she is sick. I put her on my hand. Ussualy, she will be crawlind here and there but she slept on my hand. She was breathing on my hand. Thats all she was doing. She did not even open her eyes

Then I ate my lunch and went to hold Arwen again. Now she started moving but not the way she should be. Well, at least she open her eyes. She started lying down on her side and then upside down!Even though I put her right side up, she still will turn upside down. It was like she wanted to die. I phoned my mother and my mother told me she was getting comfortable to sleep. She also asked me to put Arwen into a container.

I did as my mother asked me to and Arwen started sleeping. Again she was upside down. This time I did not correct her. I brought her up to my room. I went to bath and then went downstairs. By then, my mother had already came home.

She cut some carrots and asked me to give them to the hamsters. I went straight upstairs to Arwen to give her the small carrot piece. I went to the container. Arwen had stoped breathing. Thats how i found out arwen had died.

We Buried arwen the same place we buried Tobias but on the other side of the plant. After we buried Arwen and said a prayer, we kind of opened up Tobias's grave. One scoop of dirt and we saw fat worms arising from his grave. YUCK!

Well, the hamsters now are still alive including Josie, Bonnie, Magic, Pippin and Merry. I guess thats all for the hamsters posts from me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment